SHAWANO R/C FLYING CLUB BYLAWS
1. Statement of Club Purpose:
To promote the building and flying of Radio Controlled Model Aircraft in Shawano and the surrounding areas, and for the dispensing of helpful information and technical assistance to all members and whenever possible to non-members who show interest, and to aid insofar as possible the national program of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) and other AMA activities, looking toward the continual advancement of model aviation in all its phases in the United States.
2. The name of the club shall be “SHAWANO R/C FLYING CLUB” hereinafter referred to as “the Club.”
3. Club officers shall consist of:
Vice President/Safety Officer
4. Duties of Officers:
President: The president shall preside at all meetings of the Club and shall act as spokesman for the Club in matters pertaining to it.
Vice President/Safety Officer: The Vice President shall act as President when the President is unable to serve. The Vice President shall also act as the Primary Safety Officer for the Club.
Secretary: The Secretary shall be responsible for the minutes of the Club, and for the maintenance of relations with the AMA. He shall keep a roster of all the members and other interested parties. He shall preside over the meetings in the absence of the President and Vice President, and in such a case he shall designate one of the members to take the minutes of the meetings.
Treasurer: He shall collect, deposit, and disburse funds for the Club as directed by the members, and shall render periodic financial reports.
5. Club officers shall serve a term of two (2) years.
6. The President shall appoint a Committee of not more than three (3) members to develop a slate of nominees for the coming two years by October in an election year. The new officers will be elected at the Annual Meeting in November and take office in January of the following year.
A quorum shall consist of two-thirds (2/3) of the members of record at a meeting. A quorum is required to add to or modify the existing Bylaws or Field Rules and in other instances as specified in the Bylaws. Members will be notified thirty (30) days in advance of any vote to be taken on changes to the Bylaws, Field Rules or other instances as specified in the Bylaws. Members may vote in person at the meeting, or via paper ballot or email sent prior to the meeting to any Club Officer.
A majority vote shall consist of fifty-one (51) percent of the members of record present at a meeting. A simple majority vote is all that is needed to conduct normal club business.
The November Club meeting shall be designated as the Annual Meeting when all members are expected to attend.
8. The Annual Meeting will be designated to discuss:
A. Setting of Club dues for the upcoming year.
B. Renewing the Club AMA Charter.
C. Vote for new Officers (election year only).
D. Old and New Business.
E. Changes to Bylaws and Club Rules – requires Quorum vote of regular Club members, as defined in Section 7.
9. A checking account in the name of the Club shall be established and maintained by the Club Treasurer for the purpose of receiving Club membership dues, or moneys, and the paying of expenses that are incurred by the Club. Only the Club Treasurer’s signature is required on Club checks and the Treasurer is authorized to pay normal Club expenses, etc., AMA expenses, Flying Field rental and maintenance, etc. without approval of the membership and not to exceed $100.00. Expenses in excess of $100.00 will require a simple majority vote by the members present at the monthly meeting. When a treasurer is elected or re- elected, an audit of the accounts shall be conducted by a committee consisting of the elected Treasurer, the Club President and a Club member. The three members of the committee shall meet together to review the financial records and a report will be prepared for the next meeting.
10. Club members may submit a request for any change, improvement, or complaint, in writing, to any Club officer, to be put on the Agenda for the next meeting.
11. Meetings shall be held on the second (2nd) Wednesday of each month, except there will be no meeting in the month of December. Notice of meetings shall be made to members by phone, email, or mail prior to the meeting.
12. The “Club Field Rules” are hereby incorporated and appended as part of these Bylaws. A copy of the “Club Field Rules” shall be given to all members and to each new member upon joining the Club. Each member shall comply with these rules to assure the safety of members and spectators at the flying field. Violations of these rules will be subject to disciplinary action.
13. The flying field shall be mowed twice a week by members of the Club. Each member is encouraged to sign up and mow the runway, pit and parking areas. After mowing two times, a member will be paid $30.00 to mow on Tuesdays and $20.00 to mow on Fridays. A mowing list will be posted at the flying field so any member can sign up to mow.
14. Members are encouraged to work at club events, to include the Club swap meet and the flying events held at the field. These events raise money for the club to pay for the flying field and the operating expenses.
15. Annual dues shall be set at the November meeting for the following year. There are two levels of memberships: i. Regular – for members 18 years or older and pays full dues.
ii. Junior – for members under the age of 18 by May of that year. Junior members shall pay one-half (1/2) of regular dues and such members do not have club voting privileges.
16. All members must join and maintain membership in the ACADEMY OF MODEL AERONAUTICS (AMA) separately and at their own expense.
17. If the Club is ever disbanded or dissolved, its assets, if any, shall be used to pay any debts that the club has incurred, and any remaining assets shall be disposed of, as determined by a quorum vote requiring 2/3 of current membership.
Any member in good standing may resign his/her membership by giving written notice to the club.
If any member ceases to have the qualifications necessary for membership in the AMA, his/her membership in the Club shall be thereby terminated, subject to reinstatement upon restoration of eligibility.
This section provides for enforcement of the Safety Rules that are related to flying activities. Any individual may be expelled from membership in the Club by a two-thirds (2/3) quorum vote of the eligible voting members if in the officers’ determination, such individual continually commits any act or omission which is a violation of any of the terms of these Bylaws, or the Rules of the AMA, or which is detrimental to the Club, the AMA, or to model aviation. The Secretary shall give or mail a notice to any member proposed to be expelled, documenting the reasoning behind such decision. Such members shall have the right to defend their conduct at the meeting wherein the expulsion vote will be taken. Expulsion requires a quorum vote after a 30 day advance notice is given to all eligible Club members.
A member who has been terminated may be reinstated by two-thirds (2/3) quorum vote of eligible Club members.
22. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS:
A. All meetings, when appropriate, shall be by Parliamentary Rules of procedure.
B. The fiscal year shall be from January 1st to December 31st of any given year.
C. The Club Field Rules shall be subject to the same amendment procedures and protocols as the Bylaws at the Annual Meeting.
23. To All Members:
Flying is a privilege, not a right, so fly safely and be considerate of others.
Bylaws Established: August 13, 1981
Current Revision: Date: